Once everyone has gone, the lights turned low and the doors locked: that’s when the mannequins come to life…
1. We all know what happens when the shops close their doors, and the staff have gone home… That’s when the mannequins get together and organise various activities. This one has just purchased a bag-load of air and crumpled tissue paper.
2. Behind the big round sunglasses are two eyes that see everything and nothing. That gaze…
3. This trio specialises in recording themselves. Their video tips on self-photography can be seen on their popular YouTube channel.
4. He used to be a famous scientist, in another life. Now he stands and watches the world stroll by.
5. She and She have both gone for the we’re-part-of-nature-look. It has been known to attract bees and butterflies.
6. Mannequins do not all think alike — as can be seen here in the parting of ways. There was a disagreement on whether it was better to stand with the right foot forward or the left. They agreed to disagree, and moved to separate corners of the window.
7. Contrary to popular opinion, mannequins have more than one facial expression. Sometimes it’s ‘happy’, or ‘laid back’, or ‘fierce’, or, like this particular lady, ’thoroughly unimpressed ‘with the world.
8. These boys are just waiting for the lights to go out so they can rearrange the piles of folded clothing. They do this to mess with the sales team’s heads.
9. As you can see from the position of her lashes, this mannequin is in her own personal zen zone…
10. We all know what happens when the shops close their doors, and the staff have gone home… That’s when the mannequins get together and organise various activities. These two are debating if there really is a ’right’ way to wear a baseball cap.
11. What do mannequins dream about? That’s one of those questions we’ve all asked ourselves from time to time. It’s also the one question no self-respecting mannequin will ever answer.
12. Meet Mannequin Bond; fashion icon, clothes hanger, action hero, and originator of the phrase: “What you lookin’ at? I got you clothes on, or what?”
13. “I don’t mind standing here all day and night. And sure, the pay is pretty lousy. But what really burns me up is that just when I finally get used to a dress, they take away and then dress me up in something completely different!”
14. The window dressers had gone and done it again. Zack asked them not to roll up his sleeves, and what did they do? Exactly!
15. “Will you have a look at this! I don’t believe it. Do you see what he’s doing?” “Oh that’s just Anthony Gibbons dancing on his head. He likes to impress people.”
16. Zack headed off on his winter break with nothing but the clothes on his back. Destination Miami: he figured on doing a little in-store modelling to pay his way.
17. “Hey! You know what my brother did? He switched the clothes around on all the other mannequins and now there’s total chaos. Some of the shop assistants have quit; others are in tears, which is sad. But it was funny to see their faces when they walked in”
18. Bames Jond and Cluever R’veal had an excellent plan to rescue the jewels and save the Prime Minister from the evil clutches of Docteur Mar-Malade. The only problem was… they’d forgotten a few key elements of the plan—such as the beginning, and a large part of the middle.
19. “Guys, give me my ball back. Ah man come on! Give it back and let me play! Say what? You called my Momma a what!”
20. “Look I know you’re following me, okay. Yes. I’m talking to you in the yellow t-shirt. And yes, I know you can hear me, so hear this: you’re creeping me out. So back off!”
21. Tilda stopped talking to her colleagues seven months ago, and there’s not a thing they can do about it. In fact they’ve been pretty cool about the whole situation though, they did wish Tilda had explained the reasons for their beef before she slipped into silent mode.
22. “You do know I’ve modelled for the best: Yves, Karl, Issey, Vivian, Mary… shall I go on? What do you mean you’ve ‘heard this all before’? That’s no reason not to listen!”
23. “And what do you think of the new window cleaners?” “Between you and me love, I think they lack motivation—especially that skinny one.” “Oh don’t get me started on the skinny one. I mean he looks all right, but he’s so lazy. He’s spends half the morning drinking coffee, and the other half rolling his cigarettes.” “So you noticed that as well love? He should be ashamed of himself.” “People like that don’t feel shame, you know. They just do whatever they want!”
24. The Titan brothers came seriously underdressed to the office party. It probably had something to do with their interpretation of “…dress code: festive…”
25. “Are you going to tell her, or shall I or, shall we wait a bit?” “Maybe you should tell her, or we could wait until it’s the right moment, and then you can tell her.” “Well since you know the ‘right’ moment, maybe you should tell her yourself?” “Errrrp…!”
26. “All I’m saying is don’t tell me how to wear my sunglasses. I listen to you when it comes to filling in my tax form and doing my fair share of work in the house. But sunglasses? That’s personal territory.”