1. Today was a bit of a lazy day: shopping for supplies in the Cash & Carry — not something I wanted to photograph. However, we did take a walk down to a nearby village called Gishiri. We passed this hill on the way.
2. It wasn’t really a camera trip: just the two of us walking and talking. But we did stop to look at the carcass of a Peugeot 504 and a bunch of nearby cement mixers.
3. An intense football game taking place in the local primary school.
4. A carwash is a carwash is a carwash.
5. A women and children only gathering. We don’t know exactly what was going on, but the voices were quite joyful.
6. Yes, the backs of school kids all around the world suffer the daily burden of carrying around textbooks.
7. A child in a contemplative mood at the back of the primary school.
8. Nigeria is a land of great differences, but it’s also a land where just about every object gets a second or third life.
9. The motorcycle repair boys take care of business.
10. We head back out of the village, and so do a group of school kids.
11. Bamboo scaffolding turns out to be just as strong as steel, but infinitely less expensive.
12. Rooftops, cows and a three guys on a motorcycle…
13. A fat cow would never survive this climate: probably suffer from bovine heart failure.
Today was a bit of a lazy day: shopping for supplies in the Cash & Carry — not something I wanted to photograph. However, we did take a walk down to a nearby village called Gishiri. We passed this hill on the way.