Itchy feet in the afternoon, and curiosity having a temper tantrum; we’re not very good at staying indoors. Just as we approached the point of boredom induced collapse, a bright spark of activity threw us out of the house and sent us off in a new direction. A walk down the other side of the road, a nose poke around the corner…
1. The landscape is dotted with unfinished houses such as this one.
2. The printer/copy shop on the left gets the better of an inconsistent power supply through the use of solar panels. There’s so much ‘free’ sun, it’s a bit odd not to see more of them. I’m sure there’s a good reason for that.
3. Old and new often live together in colourful harmony.
4. That unfinished mansion again. It does have a certain sad spookiness about it.
5. Some days ago I mentioned Nigeria is a land of contrast: it’s also a place where very different things come together unexpectedly. Cows, zinc-roofed shacks, and huge villas appear to live and let live.
6. Advertising one’s services can be done by spraying relevant info onto vertical services, as seen on the left side of this wall.
7. Like us, these young cows were out on an afternoon stroll.
8. Those people far off in the distance… that’s where we were 25 minutes ago.
9. Here’s a glimpse over the rooftops. The highway bridge in the middle of the picture is where we made one of last weeks time lapse film clips.
10. This little dog barked and growled a bit, but generally kept out of our way.
11. Over there in the distance is the city centre. We’ve driven through on many an occasion, but have never stopped to look around. Something we’ll definitely do during our last week…
12. Again that joyful blend of differences. That’s a carpenter shop in the foreground.
13. Generally speaking, high roofs are the way to go in these parts.
14. The residents living between these antenna arrays quite possibly enjoyed some pretty freaky radio and television reception.
15. Another look towards the centre of town…
16. There are always lots of little bits to see.
26. At this point we knew there was no point in running.
27. One last shot before the rain caught us. We arrived home thoroughly drenched, and very happy 😊