On this particular Sunday, we hopped into the car and drove off to Millennium Park. It’s Abuja’s primary outdoor chillout zone.
1. Park photographers, equipped with portable printers, are ready and waiting for everyone.
2. As you see, picnics are very much the thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.
3. The lady with the red trousers has taken a picture of her friends, who moments earlier took one of her.
4. This is a truly bustle-free environment.
5. There’s a definite art to hanging around in the correct manner…
6. Of course every park has its kid’s section.
7. An abundance of figs…
8. Live serenades are available for a reasonable price. I’m not able to say much about the song selection at this moment.
9. Introducing an impossible-to-miss Aso Rock.
10. Introducing an impossible-to-miss Aso Rock.
11. What would a park be if there were no trees to sit under?
12. A young girl washes her hands, while an even younger, balloon-holding child looks on.
13. At a point we concluded that people come to the park in order to breathe.
14. The lady in the red blouse and man wearing turquoise trousers check their shots. There’s a tremendous amount of ‘fashion photography’ going on.
15. …Also, a lot of calling going on.
16. A couple of rollerblade boys doing their thing.
17. A couple of rollerblade boys doing their thing.
18. The ’cross-legged-while-standing’ pose remains a seasonal favourite.
20. The cohesive power of the picnic.