This is one of those pre-weekend walkabouts. You know the moment when everything’s done that can be done, and it’s now time to get out and relax…
1. The yellow boat. Either there are very few yellow boats in Amsterdam or, they only come out when I’m not around.
2. How often do those guardians of the park get the urge to fly away?
3. So many things going on at once.
4. Park life.
5. Flags and beer catching some afternoon sunbeams.
6. You’d expect a big orange bus to look out of place in the middle of town, but no… this one blended right in.
7. Tram lines have priority over everything.
8. Summer is the only time the city’s hidden greenery feels safe enough to come out.
9. Gazing for extended periods of time at the city’s many layers can lead to bouts of dizziness in people prone to having bouts of dizziness while trying to understand the city’s many layers.
10. Mid-afternoon meditation has been known to improve blood circulation, and the brain’s capacity for abstract thought.
11. The Boat Brothers’ weekend began a few hours before everyone else’s.
12. Waterway traffic flows up and down the canal.
13. Simple joy at the arrangement of things.
14. Windmills are very good at sneaking into your photographs. Case in point, the cunning little mill on the lower left.
15. For some odd reason I’ve never visited the Scheepvaartmuseum. Time to change that I suppose.
16. There’s something about this particular view that makes me imagine people running up the NEMO steps and taking off!
17. The gently flapping laundry at the fore end of this boat caught my eye. The wash needs to get done wherever you are.
18. Those NEMO steps again… Up and down and up and down: a great workout for the lungs and leg muscles.
19. There are so many ways to get around in Amsterdam.
20. Lines and shapes and bits and pieces; the world can be a bit of a puzzle.
21. “Boat meet Building. Building meet Boat.”
22. You don’t actually need a hypnotist to hypnotise yourself. All you need to do is walk around and stare at the lines and angles… Try it, and you’ll understand.
23. He sees, I see, we all see the city.
24. And then that…😊