I’d like to claim that sometime, just after dawn, I snuck into the library (like a total Ninja fellow) and started taking photographs. The truth is slightly less dramatic… Désirée organised a pre-opening-time insta-meet and allowed us to wander around the building with our cameras.
1.I’d like to claim that sometime, just after dawn, I snuck into the library (like a total Ninja fellow) and started taking photographs. The truth is slightly less dramatic… Désirée organised a pre-opening-time insta-meet and allowed us to wander around the building with our cameras.
2. Rows of computer screens wait patiently for someone to come along and start looking at them.
3. Don’t ask me why, but at times like this I get the feeling the building knows we’re here…
4. A low light reflection of ‘nobody home’.
5. In case you didn’t already know, chairs do not need people to sit in them in order to have a meeting. Here we catch the seats discussing their plans for the weekend.
6. The quick search for a power socket…
7. “Read us!” Begged every single one of these books. Unfortunately I was busy with other things.
8. Another one of those: “Where am I exactly?” moments.
9. One hour and ten minutes from ‘now’ that lift door will be opening and closing and opening and closing…
10. Orientation is an important thing: knowing which way is up, down, right or left…
11. He’s watching me watch them.
12. Another early morning chair meeting. The topic: seating arrangements, naturally.
13. …And then you notice all the different things going on at exactly the same time…
14. We’ll file this under ‘Freedom of Expression’.
15. Believe it or not, this is actually a very book-friendly machine.
16. These are known by those ‘not’ in the business as “Book Swallowers”.
17. That is Désirée; she organised this meet and, at that particular moment, was probably wondering where we were all hiding.
18. A view from the children’s section. A well-rounded youth may include lots of books.
19. Look to the sky; it’s a different world up there.
20. On the right you see three of the library’s deep space communication pods. These devices allow you to connect with alien libraries — at least that’s what I think I remember being told by someone…
21. Yes, that staircase in the corner does have a particular swirl to it 😊
22. I must say: buildings do look a bit sadder without people.
23. Reading apartments, perhaps?
24. Lines and books and books and lines and books and lines and lines… If you see what I mean.